Many crimes are reported in the newspapers and on TV and though they state the facts going the extra mile by announcing helpful information for the victims is left out. Victim Compensation is available in every state and though money is set aside only for this purpose not enough people are aware of the help available to them. In Florida crime victims have 28 pages of rights yet you so often hear “the criminals have all the rights”. The difference is criminals have everyone from the SA to their attorney to other public entities telling them what their rights are and not enough people willing to let the victims know where to get help and to find out what their rights are!
2. cooperate with law enforcement and prosecutors
3. have had no part in the crime
4. have never been convicted of a forcible felony
1. contact your local sheriff’s office or police dept.
2. contact Florida’s Victim Compensation directly at
3. contact The Center for Victim Rights at
4. call 1-800-FYI-CALL (national center for victims of crime)
This is a FREE service and NATIONWIDE!